Along with those exercises, I have been doing a few things to help me and him.
- I have an index card that I update when I notice a word or sound he is having trouble with.
- I made a summer Tot Time plan for him that will focus specifically on practicing the sounds he has trouble with by using rhymes and songs.
- I am praying for him and also having siblings NOT correct him. I noticed it would hurt his little heart if too many teachers would try to
*Please note we are not opposed in any way to get him evaluated. However, based on the advice of our Pediatrician and others that know him well--they all seem to agree that it is more of a let's practice at home for a certain amount of time issue and then reevaluate at the next check-up. I strongly recommend that you consult your physician if you have any speech or developmental concerns about your child.*
With that being said: Here are some of the songs/rhymes we will be using:
- Mealtime prayer: Thank You Jesus song (The one that is used at our church.)
- The Alphabet Song
- Little Bo Peep
- Jack and Jill
- Hey Diddle Diddle
- Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star
Some resources I will be using:
Tot School Planning Forms from 1+1=1
Nursery Rhyme activities from Spell Outloud
and other ideas I found on Pinterest
I am super excited to get started!
Linking up to: