Monday, November 15, 2010

Thanksgiving Links and resources

This morning we started our Thanksgiving Unit Study.  I plan to do a little bit each day up until Thanksgiving.  The plan is to have a lapbook for each kid ready to display, along with art crafts that can serve as decor.  But, this is also a great introduction to what a holiday is...so I'm going slow. 

I'll post more as the week comes to an end...but, this morning I heard:

Bud: I'm thankful for Mommy, Daddy, sister, brother, calendars, Jesus and God, clothes and house.   (Wait, what was that?  Calendars?  It was so funny I rushed to find a pen and write it down)

Sissy: I'm thankful for bananas and crispy treats  (hahahahaha I love these kiddos)


I spent quite a while scouring the web looking for links that a) would be appropriate for my preschoolers skill wise b) wouldn't use up a ton of ink;)  so a lot of things require the kids doing the coloring themselves.

Here's what I found:

Thanksgiving Resource Links and List

We already have done a couple of the activities this morning and I'm looking forward to the next 10 days of prepping for Thanksgiving Day!

1 comment:

  1. When did you start calling him 'Bud'?
    Am I just waaay behind the times?

    ReplyDelete