Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The big preschool post

This week I had three different people ask or talk to me about things to do activity-wise with preschoolers. I always recommend Before Five in a Row and then go on to say something like 'there is so much available online'.  This post is a place I thought I can point friends to if they ask about some of my favorite resources.

So, I have included links specifically for the nursery and preschool crowd;)  This is not an exhaustive list by any means.   However, these are the sites that I have used or frequent for ideas, materials and the like.

Have fun browsing!

Favorite Sites

Totally Tots

Homeschool Creations/ Preschool Resources

Christian Preschool Printables


DLTK's Growing Together

First School

Homeschool Share
http://www.homeschoolshare.com

I usually check Homeschool Share if I'm looking for an activity for a particular book.  They have amazing lapbook and activities available.


For  many more great sites (early concepts for preschool)—I usually look at the lists on Homeschool Resource List Site:


Blogs/Sites that have lesson plans/schedule/themes

Hubbard’s Cupboard
2 year old, 3 year old and pre-k plans and more

Brightly Beaming/ Letter of the Week
infants, toddlers, pre-k, early elementary and more

Confessions of Homeschooler/ Letter of the Week

1+1=1

Pre-kinders

Graham Family Ministries
printables, and 2 & 3 weekly lesson plans

Teacher’s Book Bag Exploring Letters in Your World

ABC Jesus Loves Me
3 & 4 year old curriculum

Step by Step

Walking by the Way/ Read to Me & ABC
Delightful Learning/ ABC Fun and Before Five in a Row activities


Book Lists




Favorite Books/ E-books regarding preschoolers

Before Five in a Row and Five in a Row by Jane Claire Lambert

Slow and Steady Get Me Ready by June Oberlander

Rod and Staff ‘About Three’ and more activity books:

Graham Family Ministries: Learning for the Littles and Growing in Wisdom

Linking to: Hip Homeschool Hop

Hip Homeschool Hop Button

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great list of resources. Do you have a blog post like this for Kindergarten? I'm evaluating K material for my youngest..
    Here from HHH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI there,

    Thanks for stopping by. No, I don't have a specific Kindy post yet. Although this year we are doing MFW K, starting CLE Sunrise Math 1, and finishing up Queens Language Lessons for Little Ones--so technically our oldest is doing K--although he we say he is 'in' Pre-K. We plan on doing Kindy again next year but, in a different way....probably Five in a Row and more of a CM focus---but---maybe one day at Classical Conversations. We are still praying and thinking about it.

    All that to say--I do have notes with links for Kindy---I just need to organize a post...hopefully soon!

    ReplyDelete